Cardiff Council’s Adult Learning service have procedures in place to identify and, where appropriate, to assess learners with additional learning needs. Learners are encouraged to disclose any learning needs at enrolment. At any stage of the learning journey a learner can refer themselves for support.
Support can be provided through:
- Accessible resources,
- Adaptable materials,
- BSL Interpreters.
- Professional development for staff.
Recording and tracking
We have systems to record details of learners who have requested support, together with the nature of the support required, follow-up and evaluation of support given.
Learner Support Strategy
The purpose of this Strategy is to ensure that:
- All learners achieve their learning potential and understand their entitlement to appropriate support
- All staff promote equality and work to enable optimal levels of learner participation
- Approaches that support learning access equality are encouraged
- The impact and quality of the learning support provided are monitored